River Forest is an affluent community of over 11,200 located approximately nine miles west of Downtown Chicago. The average household income in 2010 was $143,618 and nearly three-quarters of all adults age 25 and older have a college degree.
The North Avenue, Harlem Avenue, and Madison Street corridors, and Des Plaines River help form the Village's borders and Lake Street passes though the heart of River Forest’s historic “Village Center” and lays adjacent to Metra’s Union Pacific West line.
The Village of River Forest is committed to fostering economic development and working with developers, potential business owners and current businesses to provide a flexible and predictable development environment.
See below for helpful economic development information:
- Listing of Available Properties in River Forest
- Comprehensive Business Start Kit (includes everything you need to know to open a business in River Forest)
- Household Age by Income
- Retail Gap Table- 10 Minute
- Retail Gap Table- 5 Minute
- Traffic Counts
- River Forest Town Center
- River Forest Corridor Plans (North, Madison, Lake and Harlem Avenues)