This project consists of two different product applications. The first is referred to as "crack filling" and involves the application of a thick, bituminous liquid to all pavement cracks within a designated area. The purpose of this is to prevent additional water from entering the asphalt road, which causes further deterioration. The second application is referred to as "pavement rejuvenation" which involves the application of a product that “soaks” into the existing asphalt and prevents it from experiencing failures as soon as the applied product is dry. This application helps extend the life of the existing pavement without the need for additional overlays or resurfacing.
During application of the crack fill material, traffic is minimally affected. The material can be driven upon almost immediately, however, caution should be exercised when workers are present. During application of the pavement rejuvenation material, the road is closed down and all vehicular access is completely restricted. It typically takes 3-4 hours for the material to dry and for access to be restored.
- 10-10-17 - The work is now scheduled for Friday, October 13th. Door notices will be delivered either Tuesday or Wednesday this week, with No Parking signage being installed on Thursday. The work should be complete by the end of the day Friday and all signage and equipment will be removed from the area.
- 10-2-17 - Due to this week's weather forecast, the pavement rejuvenation will have to be delayed. Currently, we are looking at the end of next week (October 11-13) as possible days to complete this work. Additional information will be provided as we get closer to that timeframe and weather forecasts become more detailed.
- 9-29-17 - As of now, this work is still scheduled for next Wednesday, October 4th. Notices will be delivered to each affected home (click here for a copy) and No Parking Signage will be placed in the parkway on affected streets.
- 9-18-17 - Due to a conflict with the contractor's schedule, the dates of application have been revised. We are now looking at October 4th and 5th as application dates.
- 9-14-17 - The crackfill portion of this project has been completed as of this week. As stated in the 9-1-17 update below, the pavement rejuvenation portion of the work is still to come. Staff has identified streets to be treated and all those that will be affected should have received notification letters. Additional notices will be delivered at least 24 hrs in advance of the work. Currently, we are targeting 9/27 and 9/28 as application dates. As this work is weather dependent, these dates may change.
- 9-1-17 - This work is tentatively scheduled for the latter half of the month of September. The plan is to complete this work overnight to avoid conflicts with traffic. The operation is fairly quiet and does not take long at each site so disturbance should be minimal. No Parking signage will be placed along the curb on all streets where the work is to occur. Notices will also be delivered by the contractor to all affected homes at least 24 hours in advance of the work so that any cars needed during this time can be removed from the area before the work begins. A map of the affected streets can be seen here.
- 8-23-17 - The contractor will be in town on Thursday this week, to begin crackfilling. The work will likely take a few days and will be minimally invasive. Please use caution when driving near this construction crew.
- A contract has been awarded for the Pavement Rejuvenation portion of this work to Denler, Inc. This is the same contractor that completed the project in 2016 and they will be applying the same product - BioRestor. While the product application is accompanied by a strong odor, it is an environmentally safe product that is preferable to alternative products in many ways. The application takes place very quickly and the roads are only closed for as long as it takes to dry. This is typically about 2-3 hours, depending on the weather. Those properties that will be affected by this work will receive notification letters in the coming days and the contractor will deliver an additional notice (door hangers) no less than 24 hours in advance of the application. The work will take place during the month of September.